Wood Badge is a leadership training course which delivers high quality skills and techniques for leaders in all areas of Scouting. It draws from a wide range of sources within and beyond the bounds of Scouting to model the best techniques for developing leadership and teamwork among both young people and adults.
Because it was begun by Baden-Powell in England in 1919, it is clearly backed by the finest thought and tradition of the founder. Wood Badge is a great force for world brotherhood and provides leadership for Scouting and leadership for America.
To attend a Wood Badge course, individuals must:
- Be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Have completed the Basic Training courses for their Scouting position.
- Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. All participants are required to complete the Annual Health & Medical form.
Wood Badge is for Scouting leaders from all areas of scouting…Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity, Venturing, and leaders with ecclesiastical leadership positions. Wood Badge benefits anyone in a leadership position.
Wood Badge teaches leadership techniques in a hands-on environment which you will be able apply to your Scouting involvement and your personal life.
As a result of attending Wood Badge you will...
- View Scouting globally, as a family of interrelated, values-based programs that provide age-appropriate activities for youth.
- Recognize the contemporary leadership concepts utilized in corporate America and leading government organizations that are relevant to our values-based movement.
- Revitalize your commitment by sharing in an overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs to accomplish its mission on an ongoing basis.
- Apply the skills you will learn from your participation as a member of a successful working team
2023 Course Information
Spring Course- Lost Bayou Scout Camp
March 3-5, 2023
April 1-2, 2023
How to Register?
Click the registration button below to register. All payments will be paid through the council website. A $50 of your payment will be consider a deposit for the course.
Early cancellations will result in a full refund less the $50 deposit. No refunds will be given after the beginning of the first course weekend.