National Youth Leadership Training
May 31, 2020 to June 5, 2020
Lost Bayou Scout Camp
What is NYLT?
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is an exciting, action-packed program designed for councils to provide youth members with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home units and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Scouts who have completed their unit’s introduction to leadership course, have been practicing these skills, and are ready for the next level of training should attend NYLT once they meet all Eligibility Requirements.
NYLT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Complete their home Unit’s Introduction to Leadership Skills course*
- Receive approval from your Scoutmaster or Unit leader
- Be at least 13 years of age by course start date.
- Earn First Class rank, if registered in a Troop
- Have current BSA Health Form (Parts A, B, and C)
- Be comfortable camping and cooking outdoors
- Commit to attending the entire six-day course
* Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST), Crews (ILSC), and Ships (ILSS) should be offered through a Scout’s home unit. Ask your Unit Leader how you can participate in this course.
WHAT NYLT IS (AND IS NOT)
NYLT is not like summer camp and is not designed for rank advancement or earning merit badges. NYLT is an intense and challenging hands-on leadership training program. It is essential that NYLT participants be physically, emotionally, and mentally prepared to handle the demands of this advanced training. In order to get the most benefit from this unique experience, participants must exhibit emotional maturity, a positive attitude, proficiency in basic camping and outdoor cooking, and have an ambition to serve in leadership roles.
Behavior at NYLT: Participants agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the Scout Oath and Law.
Early Bird Fee: $200 (must be paid in full by 1/17/20)
Base Fee: $225 (must be paid in full by 3/31/20)
Late Fee: $275
For information about specific courses, contact the Course Director above.