Distinguished Citizen's Lunches/Dinners
The Distinguished Citizen Dinner (DCD) recognizes community leaders who exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their everyday lives, in their workplace, and in their spheres of influence.
The Evangeline Area Council hosts at least one DCD in each Parish. The feature a reception, dinner, program, and remarks from the honoree.
- Proceeds from the dinner help over 3,000 youth gain confidence, life skills, and leadership abilities
- All youth are local to the Acadiana area
- Over 25% from under-served areas and low-income families
Congratulations to 2016 honorees:
- Archie Manning - Lafayette
- Reverend Scott Bullock & Paige Bullock - Iberia
- Dale Sittig - Eunice
- Dr. Brent Prather & Mark Suellentrop - St. Landry/Evangeline